I babysit a lot, so there are certain things I have come to expect when being hired to watch someone's child(ren). I expect to have the kid(s) respect me. I expect to be paid what I was originally told I would be paid. The most important thing I expect, though, is information.
I got a text on Monday about the possibility of babysitting on Friday. I said yes an never hard anything back. It is now Thursday, and I am receiving a message about sitting tomorrow until 1 am Saturday. WHAT?!?!
OK, these people complained that babysitters flake out on them at the last minute all the time. I didn't think sything of it until now. Now I realize that the problem is probably them. Normally, babysitters get AT LEAST a week's notice. That's how it should be. Responsible parents get a babysitter before making plans. These people seem to think of babysitters last when planning. That is NOT how it should be.
Having a kid means needing to plan. This kind of last minute crap is ridiculous. Babysitters have lives, too. We do not been to another family's every whim. I barely see my own family. I was gonna hang out with them tomorrow, but I guess not.
Parents in need of sitters: GET YOURSELF TOGETHER. Or else we'll all quit on you.
No comments:
Post a Comment